Talking Health is a 9 week programme that is being delivered by Salus Fatigue Foundation
|Week 1 – Plans for energy boosting meals, shopping tips||– Introduction video – Introduction to Salus|
– Energy boosting meals – Energy boosting meals, shopping tips
– Journey to Wellness Journal – meal planner pages, pacing, gratitude etc
– Guest speaker videos with Afternoon Tea with the Docs Drs – fibre, chronic conditions and insulin resistance
Books and useful websites/recipes
– The Happy Pear recipes
– Deliciously Ella recipes
– Raw food recipes
– Henry and Henry meals – meditation and tips
|Week 2 – Breathing, benefits of inhale/exhale on cortisol, noradrenaline on CO2 levels||– Breathing video – Autonomic nervous system, tips for regular practice, why some stress is good for you. What cortisol does. Why mindfulness and meditation work. How this helps fatigue.|
– Breathing & Relaxation – Breathing, relaxation meditations/practices
|Week 3 – Preparing for sleep||– Preparing for sleep video |
– Preparing for sleep overview – Wind down, bath, benefits of Epsom salts, blue light, reducing caffeine earlier in the day, different meditation apps. Dos and don’ts. If you can’t sleep, how to help feel less fatigued.
|Week 4 – Simple Chi Kungs, chair based and standing exercise||– Tai Chi video |
– Tai Chi overview – Benefits of tai chi and practical session with explanations. Warm up, simple Chi Kungs, 8 fine treasures. How movement supports our immune system and helps with fatigue
– Love activity, Hate exercise
|Week 5 – Hormones and me||– Hormones and Me video |
– Hormones and Me overview – Why your hormones change, adolescence, peri menopause, menopause. It is normal, everyone goes through it, but we are all unique. Preparing in advance to support your hormones. Good tips to help support changes, mood swings, sleep
|Week 6 – Nutrition that can help and hinder your energy and hormones||– Nutrition that can help and hinder your energy and hormones video
– Nutrition – Sugar cycle, hidden sugars, when to eat, to snack or not to snack? Food that supports sleep hormones.
|Week 7 – Meditation for relaxation/sleep||– Meditation for relaxation/sleep video |
– Meditation for relaxation/sleep – Mind calm, body calm, meditations, strategies and tips to help include mediation more regularly into your life.
|Week 8 – Hydration and flushing through toxins||– Hydration and flushing through toxins video |
– Hydration and flushing through toxins – How much water does the body need and why? Fatigue and hydration. What water, best ways of staying hydrated, water filter or bottled water?? But I hate drinking water, other drinks to hydrate with, foods to help us hydrate. How much we need.
|Week 9 – Recondition yourself – develop over time/techniques||
– Recondition yourself – develop over time/techniques |
– Hydration and flushing through toxins – How to change habits and reinforce good practice, planning your day to help with pacing, taking on board the tips you have learnt over the past 8 weeks and making them part of everyday routine. Accepting that sometimes you may not be able to. Being kind to yourself.
|Summer resources||– Should we avoid gluten, coping with fatigue and plant based nutrition, sprouting from seeds and pulses, Blue Zones|
|Summer resources||– Moods and nutrition, stress and immunity, flare ups, sleep and nutrition|
|Summer resources||– Gentle movement, tai chi, relaxation and massage|